Thursday, September 6, 2012

Week #2

Hello!  Welcome to week two of the Redesign project.  Rollers and Brushes this week for the the wall in the kitchen.  I'll have a photo update next week about the kitchen.  If you missed week one read this article first.  It explains the whole plan.

What I'd like to talk about this week is more of a share.  As some of you may know I'm a bit obsessed with rugs and different ways to make rugs.  I just love them and more than anything I just love that if you are willing to put the time in, you can make one of your own!  Last night while surfing I found a fantastic site!  I am so drooling over how simple and fun their process is, and it wouldn't take long at all to make one of these beauties.  Check out Vecco and all of their awesomeness!

Another way to make your own rug with little investment and easy to find tools is to crochet a rug. Check out these beauties on Etsy.  All you need to crochet your own rug is strips of material, cut or torn into 1" strips (sheets work very well) and an extra large crochet hook.  Sugar Bee Crafts breaks it down for you.

As the redesign as I have the time project continues check back to see what kind of rugs I make for my own home.  Will I Vecco?  Crochet?  Toothbrush Rug?  Needlepoint?  Locker Hook?  Punch needle? So many to try!

Next week a tutorial on Needlepointing a basket with yarn and plastic canvas.



No comments:

Post a Comment